Privacy and Cookies Policy
Ritelite (Systems) Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of customers’ information very seriously. This policy explains how Ritelite (Systems) Ltd uses any personal information that we collect about you, how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information and procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
Ritelite (Systems) Ltd seeks to improve its performance and to both maintain and develop customer relationships. During the course of its activities, Ritelite (Systems) Ltd collects, stores and processes personal data about its customers, suppliers, employees and other third parties.
The provision of personal data by an individual is a contractual requirement which is necessary for Ritelite (Systems) Ltd to perform the service which has been requested. If sufficient data is not provided then Ritelite (Systems) Ltd may not be able to fulfil the request by the individual.
The information we collect and how we use it
You can access the Ritelite (Systems) Ltd website (‘the Website’) without giving any personal information except for the dealer section area. We gather information in this area to allow us to confirm your identity and protect your security.
Data Protection Principles & Rights
Ritelite (Systems) Ltd ensures it’s compliance with the following fundamental data protection principles:
- Personal data should be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Personal data should be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Personal data should be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data should be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data should be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data should be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
Ritelite (Systems) Ltd also ensures that personal data is processed in accordance with the following rights that all individuals have in respect of their personal data:
- The right to access a copy of their personal data.
- The right to have any inaccuracies in their personal data rectified.
- The right to have their personal data erased in certain circumstances (such as where the personal data no longer needs to be processed in relation to the purposes for which they were collected).
- The right to have the processing of their personal data restricted in certain circumstances (such as where the personal data does not need to continue to be processed but the individual does not want their data to be permanently erased).
- The right to receive personal data provided by them to Ritelite (Systems) Ltd in an easily-portable format and to have that data transmitted to another party in certain circumstances e.g. when asked by a customer to transfer the data to another energy provider we would provide the data in a format that is machine readable.
- The right to object to certain types of processing (such as profiling).
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of personal data. There are also rules which require Ritelite (Systems) Ltd to only allow personal data to be exported outside the European Economic Area if certain conditions are in place, to help ensure the security of processing in countries not subject to the GDPR.
Online Quote Forms, Enquiries and Brochure Downloads
Anyone requesting a brochure download will be asked for their email address and their name. There will also be the option to request a call back in which case a telephone number is required. If a hard copy brochure is requested a postal address will be required to send the brochure to.
If you are requesting a quotation for any of our products you will be asked for your name, email address, phone number and team or organisation or company name. This will help us to get in contact with you by both email and phone and to quote the best product for your particular sport or application.
If you are requesting a service or repair quotation you will be asked for product details and serial numbers and your name, email address and phone number in order for us to contact you regarding the service you are enquiring about.
If you are requesting a call back you will be asked for your name, your company name, and your phone number so that we can call you back.
Dealer Section Registration
Information required for online sales
Ritelite (Systems) Ltd requires anyone purchasing from the Prolite Lamps website to provide billing and shipping details (where applicable) and credit/debit card details. This information allows us to process and despatch your order.
Credit/ debit card details will be requested via either Paypal or an approved third party plugin that integrates with Ritelite’s banking system.
Information held on Ritelite (Systems) Ltd databases.
Ritelite (Systems) Ltd holds information about customers and potential customers on its customer relationship management database which can include name, email address, phone number and postal address. This information is collected in a number of ways including during face to face meetings, during phone calls, via email or by post.
Use of Personal Data
We process your Personal Data only for specific and limited purposes. We ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. We may use your personal data for administrative purposes relevant to an order or your commercial relationship with Ritelite (Systems) Ltd. For all contacts that are linked to customers accounts and all leads that have opted in to be on our mailing list we may contact you occasionally to inform you of new products, services or events we think will be of interest to you.
- We may send you regular updates by email.
- We may send you requested product information and promotional material.
- We may use your Personal Data for market research, marketing and direct selling purposes.
- We may use your Personal Data internally to help us improve our products and services and to help resolve any problems.
We will not share, sell or distribute your Personal Data to third parties for marketing and direct selling purposes.
We will not send any communication to contacts that have opted out of being on our mailing list except direct communication relevant to an order or their commercial relationship with Ritelite (Systems) Ltd.
Managing your Communication Preferences
Ritelite (Systems) Ltd communicates with you for the purposes of account management, promoting our products and improving your experience of our products and services. Ritelite (Systems) Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of your information very seriously. Should you not wish to receive further communications from us you will be able to unsubscribe from any email received or contact us directly at which point your communication preferences will be updated and any contact with you will be direct communication relevant to an order or relating to your commercial relationship with Ritelite (Systems) Ltd.
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our Website. For example, we use technology to track which pages of our Website our visitors view. We also use technology to determine which Internet browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our Website.
Our Website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our Website. We use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our Web Site our visitors choose to view. Again, this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
We use this anonymous data to improve the content and functionality of this Web Site and our e-mail updates, to better understand our customers and markets, and to improve our products and services.
In order to collect the anonymous data, we may use temporary “cookies” that collect the first level domain name of the user and the date and time you accessed this Website. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your
browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. Our service provider will also be using cookies through the website.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information, such as determining how many of our isitors are from outside of the UK
We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e. aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users’ demographics.
If you do not wish this information to be gathered via cookies please update your google preferences at www.google.com/adsettings
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We do not share, sell or distribute your Personal Data with unrelated third parties except under these limited circumstances: –
- We may share or transfer the information in our databases to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this Website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event. Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data. We will also take all reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is informed prior to the passing of information.
Data integrity and security
We strive to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of Personal Data in our databases and to protect the privacy and security of our databases.
We keep your Personal Data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements. Should you wish us to delete any non-essential personal information we will be happy to do this at any time, please write or email us at the details below to request this.
Our servers and our databases are protected by industry standard security technology, such as industry standard firewalls and password protection.
Any personal information we have on any contacts relating to a customer account will be retained for a period of 36 months following the termination of a commercial relationship. Any personal information held on potential customers will be retained for 1 year following any campaign in line with ICO preparatory GDPR guidelines.
The employees who have access to Personal Data shall handle such data properly and in accordance with our security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality. Although we take all reasonable precautions to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, we try to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you. We will also correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that is inaccurate and notify any third-party recipients of the necessary changes. If you wish to access or correct your Personal Data, please write to us at Ritelite (Systems) Ltd, Meadow Park, Bourne Road, Essendine, Stamford, PE9 4LT
Should you wish to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority then you are within your rights to do this and should contact the Information Commissioners Office at the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Links to other websites
Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information, you consent to these transfers.
How to contact Ritelite (Systems) Ltd